Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Lambshank redemption...



Or How Maxey spent his birthday. A narrative by M-the-V
My day started out pretty good. Mom gave me some extra treats for breakfast. A whole slice of cheese to myself.
But then I found out that Sunshade had dumped me for another Airedale.
I was a little upset.
But then Miss Shannon came over to let me and the rest of the doggies outside at lunchtime. I love Miss Shannon, and she likes me best anyway.
Then Miss Amy came by and you know what she DID!
YES, she put HARRY in a crate! HARRY!
When Mom came home we all went outside for a potty break and then had dinner.
After the kids went to their father's house Mom put me in the car.
JUST ME!
and do you know where she took me dear canids?
Mom took me to Pet Supplies Plus!
But as an added plus she didn't make me go inside. I don't really like going inside and always insist on riding in the cart.
When she returned she had a HUGE LAMB BONE!
AND she didn't have bones for anyone else!
JUST ME!
So there I was gnawing on a juicy raw lamb bone, riding around with my mom.
Getting my ears rubbed as I gnaw a lamb bone. It doesn't get any better.
But then Mom stopped at a house and after a few minutes and put a little blue merle Aussie girl in the back. She is very pretty.


Mom had to transport her a little ways. She was very nervous. When we got to the house, she was running in the fenced backyard and wouldn't come in the house. So Mom got me out of the car to help her understand. She did, cause I'm good at that. Plus I really liked her, she was impressed with my handsome tri-ness. Her name is Lola. They gave us lots of treats to help get her more comfortable. I like treats.
Anyway, Mom and I headed home. I was rather bored with the lamb bone by now so I just positioned myself for lots of strokes and scritches. When we got home Mom threw my bone in the backyard. But Lily found it and took it inside. Then Evie got it....then Duncan...then Fanny took off with it.
So today I was looking for it. I looked in the toy bin.

Nope.

I looked in Harry's cage.

Nope.

I looked in the Wookie's cage and box bed. (He chose the bed himself, Mom tried to get something nice for him.)
Nope.

Then I went to Mom's room and checked under the bed. That is where Fanny likes to hide.

I found Fanny (can you see her looking creepy in the picture?)
But now lamb bone.

I found my cat, Schnitzel, there. He looks mean, but he isn't. He helped raise me when I was a young pup.

But no lamb bone.

Look at this mess! Obviously Mom has been slacking on her cleaning duties under the bed. I see a chewed up sippy cup. A chewed up slipper, a Little Person and...

HEY! THERE ARE PIECES OF MY LAMB BONE.

FFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNYYYYY!


My birthday isn't even cold .... I get no respect. M-the-V

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Maxey, I just want you to know that I didn't dump you! I still love you just as much, I just have a lot of love to give ya know?

Lots of love to you,
Miss Sunshade

Sunshade's mum's note: Hi M-the-V, I am so sorry about my dogter. She is just a very flirty girl in real life with handsome males. Sigh...I don't know what I did wrong to raise such a dogter, she certainly didn't learn it from me. I'm going to have a good talk with Sunshade tonight and have her address the issue.

Cheer up little buddy!
Sunshade's mum

Anonymous said...

Hey - at least you had the best part of the bone ... they all had sloppy seconds, and thirds, and fourths ....

Fu Fu said...

Max buddy, happy birthday to you. I like your new friend Lola, she's very pretty.
And I'm so sorry to hear about your LAMB BONE. Maybe your mum can get you a new one?

~ fufu

Anonymous said...

hey max, just wanted to wish you belated barkday!!!

wet wet licks

boo

Anonymous said...

Hey MV, that new girl is HOT! Was she a birthday present too?

Bussie Kissies
Buster

JustMeCopper said...

I want a lamb bone!