Sunday, September 24, 2006

Big day for Mom..


Mom went to an adopt-a-thon at the Detroit Zoo today. She didn't take me as her rescue buddy, and I'm glad. She did take the big baby, Harry. She came home crying. She took a ton of pictures...pictures of all the dogs and cats that were there. Hundreds. She cried that there were so many wonderful pets without loving homes. And then she cried that these were the lucky ones. These were the ones that were already safe, just waiting for the right home to come along. She cried that she had taken all those pictures but forgotten to put the disk back in the camera. No pictures. About 60 dogs from Last Chance Rescue were adopted..but they have 150. And there are probably 15 dogs that come through the Jackson Animal Control Shelter every week. The problem is so big.

I cried when she came with Harry. Even big sweeties like him have to wait. He has a family who wants him. But then didn't bring everything they needed to adopt. He will be adopted this week if they can prove that their community allows labs.

Then Mom told me that she had agreed to take in a 13 yo blind Pomeranian for the rest of his life. She likes seniors and she couldn't bear the thought of him living out his life in a kennel...even a nice one.

I love my Mom. She has a good heart...and I've come to the conclusion that I will never be an only dog again. I guess that is okay. I think I should be her rescue buddy, so I'm changing my blog name for Mom.

7 comments:

Pippin, the Gentle Pup said...

Your mom really has a great, kind soul, Max. You're lucky you found her and so are all those pups who you share her with.

Pippy

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Thanks Pippin. As you well know it isn't all roses. But it is hard to begrudge them a spot for a while.

Now if I could only find a way to convince my Mom that Lily would like to live else where...taht would certainly take a large white blot out of my life...heheheh.

Thanks for stopping by, always good to see you.

M-the-V

Anonymous said...

Max, your mom will have a special place in heaven reserved for her.

God bless her...

JustMeCopper said...

Max, I like your blog. Hi my name is Copper. Sometimes I wish I had dog brothers or sisters.

Freda said...

Hey Maximilliam,

That's soooo cooools that you mom wants to and can help our buddies that don't have forever homes. I think I might like a brother or sister, like Copper barked, but then I reeeeally do enjoy my naps. Anyway, I take up most of the back seat in the movin' box and I like creatin' my nose art on both windows. Guess I'm kinda shellfish, I mean selfish. Arf! Arf!

Hope those teif mans don't come back!

May I add you to my list of Paw Pals?

Woof!

Freda

Jay said...

Hey, your mum is a really kind lady! You are so lucky!

Sunshade said...

Max, a man with a big, gentle heart. Don't worry Max, even if you aren't the only dog in the house, you will always be the "special" one to your mama! Us blogging kids are always special!!

And you know what, you're so lucky to have such a GREAT mom!!

ps. do you mind if I go live with you??

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade