Saturday, September 30, 2006

The big storm...



Today I proved my worth, again. Mom and the human brothers were at Nana's house. They came rushing home and said a bad storm was coming in. High winds, thunder, lightening and hail. Naturally, I wasn't worried. I'm an expert at scaring storms away.

The sky darkened and the thunder started. I watched and waited for the perfect time, just whent he storm wasn't looking.

I swung into action! I barked, I bared my teeth, I growled, and I broke the neck of mom's favorite shoe.


The rain slowed and stopped. My dear canid friends there was no hail, no high winds and no flooding.


I kept watch for a while to make sure it didn't try and sneak back. Gotta protect the family. My mom said I was a good boy. But she also thought I was just trying to impress my girlfriends Flossy and Sunshade. Hard not to impress when you are this impressive.

M-the-V

6 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Way to go Max ! That storm looked pretty bad - hope you didn't lose your Lex Tricity !

Love
Opy

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrr-eat job Max V!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Sunshade said...

Oh MY HERO!!! Will you come protect me when we have storms over here? I'll put LOTS of butter on my face just for you....*blushing*

Sigh...why do I always have to share boyfriends??

Your lover gal,
Miss Sunshade

Anonymous said...

Great job! Can you chase snow away? We had some up here yesterday and it's going to be hard to find my bones in the backyard now.

Anonymous said...

You are a super pooch Max!!!

sarah said...

great job max!!! i myself prefer to keep watch under the bed or in the crate when there is a tell-tale sign of thunder or lightning, but i will have to try your technique of scaring the storm away. i don't know why i'd never thought of that when I am an expert hunter of small woodland creatures, and i tend to scare deer rather easily, and they sometimes have antlers, so scaring a storm should be a piece of cake...right?