Friday, September 22, 2006

On the joy of friendship!


I have had the pleasure of meeting some fellow canines. Since joining Dogs with Blogs I've done a lot of butt sniffing and let me tell you...I like what I smell. The canid odor online has definately improved. And so with joy at my acceptance in this swell egroup I join geelyfully in the tagging. Without more ado, here is my list.
What makes a good canine friend? by M-the-V

1. I am willing to warm a space on the bed.




2. I am always willing to help clean up after a meal.





3. I enjoy a good game of kill the squeaky toy. Enthusiastic head shaking is my middle name! Oh the toys I've destuff...sigh.






4. I am a great teacher. I have taught every canine in the neighborhood how to effectively howl at sirens.



And the top reason I'm a great canine friend...
5. I am willing to share my mommy. I was lucky enough to be adopted by my mom when I was only 8 weeks old. But we learned that there are so many other dogs who weren't as lucky as I am. So, however relunctantly, I have shared my home and mommy with 25 foster dogs in the last 2 years. And with the exception of Heidi, who tried to kill me, I have liked them all well enough to lay on the floor with them.

Lily and Evie - my sammie sissies that never left.

Ode to Friendship...

You're a friend, to the end, so I send

My greetings and salutaions of warmth and comfort this very night.

I tag Opy's brother Charlie, Billy and Baily of Canada!!

"PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW THAT I SHALL SAY GOODBYE TIL IT IS MORROW"...SHAKESPEARE

M-THE-V

3 comments:

Freda said...

Hi Max-to-the-Million,

Freda here. I like your list. Number one two one two (2) is my favorite although number one two one two (3) is a close second. And you have a great mommy. She must have a reeeeally big heart. That's sooo coooools! Ruff!

Come sniff my place when you have time.

Woof!

Freda

P.S. I'm barkin' all my buddies to vote for the photo of 'Flyer', number one two one two (12) in the BBC Photographer of the Year 2006 Competition at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_
news/magazine/5348588.stm>BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Photographer of the Year 2006: Final Vote
. Polls close Monday, 25 September. Thanks. Ruff! Ruff!

Sunshade said...

Hi Max,

I really admire you for # 5. I don't think I would ever feel fine sharing my mum.... people say I'm too spoiled..

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Anonymous said...

Max you sound like a great friend, to pooches and humans alike!