Sunday, October 15, 2006

The BIG day....

Yesterday was a big day here at my house. First I had to go to visit the vet. Mom said the vet needed to take some of my blood to ensure that my recovery was on the right track. Now I like my vet and her assistant, Amanda, but I sure don't like being stuck with needles. On a happy note, my vet did say that my lump was smaller and we definitely didn't need to do surgery. I had also gained back 5 of the 6lbs I lost when I got sick.

My human brothers came along and toward the end were being less than good. The littlest tried to open the door of another exam room where there was a muzzled rottie. I'm tough but I really didn't want to defend my brother against a dog three times my size.

After the trip to the vet, Mom took us all McD's and I got my own french fries! Mom felt guilty. One thing I've noticed, not every drive-thru produces french fries. I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Mom took me home and let me and Evie stay outside on a nice day. But she left and took the human brothers out for "Pumpkin Picking" day. Apparently, this is a big deal to humans.

First they look at baby animals, even feeding them. There was a calf, lambs, chickens, goats and a turkey...blalahalhalhalhalahlah.

Then the human brothers started to look at pumpkins. These were strange white ones.

Then there was pony rides for the human brothers and their cousins.

More pumpkin picking...decisions, decisions.

Playing in the straw...




and then they brought home the spoils!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you got to share in the spoils - at least a piece of crust - you deserve it for missing all the fun at the pumpkin farm!

Maximillian the Valliant said...

You Know IT! I didn't really fancy the cider, but the pie was quite tasty.

Whats up with you? You must have really moved out, I haven't seen a post from you recently.

M-the-V

Sunshade said...

Your hooman brothers are adorable, you must have so much fun with them!! Hey, do you try to herd ponies?? We baby sit Pharoh (the Bouvier mum showed) all the time, and he loves to herd stuff, where I, go from the front...... so together, we scared the goats pretty bad..... Oh and those goats belong to friends' of mum's.

What's up with those white scaaaawie looking pumpkin??

OH Maxey, I didn't know you were sick, but I'm so happy to hear you're on the mend!!

Lots and lots of my love your way,
Miss Sunshade