Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Louie...


Well having Poo in the house has really reminded me of my brother Louie. Louie passed away last December. Even though he and I got into scraps he was a nice old boy. Mom adopted him when he was 10 yo. He had been in rescue for a year. Not many people want to adopt the seniors. He acted so young, mom didnt' mind. But before he had been with us 2 weeks we found out he had bladder cancer. The rescue said they would take him back, but mom said no, he was ours now.

Louie was so happy when he found out he had a forever home. Mom said he was so happy he was obnoxious. He would rub his face all over her, claiming her. Mom loved him.

My human brothers were only 1 yo and 3 yo when we adopted him. That picture above is right after he came home.

Normally a prognosis for bladder cancer is 180 days. Louie almost lived 2 years. I'm sure it was because of all the love he got. My human brother, Ethan, has had a hard time missing him. Mom said he sat down on the church steps once this year and said he wasn't going to move until God brought Louie back. He needed him more than God did.

Anyway, Mom wants me to pass the word to all my canine friends. Tell your humans to spread the word "Adopting a senior is the best gift you can give yourself. You'll never regret the love you get."

M-the-V

7 comments:

JustMeCopper said...

My Mom had a dog that lived to be 15. The last couple years were HARD. I can't imagine volunteering for that on a regular basis. Your Mom is a siant.

Anonymous said...

I think what you do is wonderful!

Sunshade said...

Maxey.... mum *almost* cried when she read the part about Ethan waiting in front of the church... You tell Ethan that he's got you now!!

Your mom is an angle taking in all the homeless seniors, and for you to share your mom with all those doggies, that makes you.....MINE (make sense? good)!

I met a Louie yesterday too and....I hope you won't be mad at me.....

Your flirty princess,
Miss Sunshade

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Hey woofers!

Mom wants me to tell you all that she isn't an angel or saint (she's been blushing), just has a lot of love.

Copper - most of the seniors Mom takes are too ill, just old. Starry had severe heartworm, but is well now.

Zach - thank you for recognizing my part in all this! I'm very important. I'm the one who teaches all these fosters who the boss is.

Sunny - are you telling me you have yet ANOTHER boyfriend? Just don't let me see you with any, I might have to break the neck of something..(thinking about Ivy's hexapus)...

M-the-V

Anonymous said...

My Lucky was 19 - love keeps us going!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Anonymous said...

You keep making my mom get all boo-hooey with your stories.

She's such a dork!

Sunshade said...

that was just a one time thing.....

*paw over face*
Miss Sunshade