Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happiness all around...


Last night was walk in the woods night. Always one of my favorite things to do. It was cut a little short since Starry started limping. No doubt she got overly bouncy. Starry must have been in trouble for it though cause she got closeted in the bathroom with Mom for an hour. She got bathed and brushed within an inch of her life!

Mom's friend Kathy sent us home with some things from her garden. Take a look at these Sunshade! Not one scawreeey thing, but two! Course these were a lot smaller than the baseball bat-sized thing your mom got.


Life is better here, Mom is happy again cause she finally got a new job! She says she is going to be doing something she loves and making tons more money! I love to see her happy (unless she is trying to cut my nails). She is nervous today because she needs to give her notice and she thinks it is going to be ugly.

Mom also told me that she is bringing another foster dog to the house. Sigh. She doesn't like that he is older (what? he's my age) and living in an outdoor kennel. He needs more indoor training and love to get his coat back in shape, she says. Then he'll have a better chance of being adopted. I guess he had a bad life, he and his brother and sister were owned by a transient. They sometime lived in a garage, or a car. Never a house. But his owner loved them and often when without food so the dogs could eat. It is kinda sad cause his brother and sister have already been adopted by nice families.


So okay, he can come here, I guess. I hear he is big, I hope he isn't mean. sigh. It is going to be really crowded here.

M-the-V

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY doG Maxey....I had to cover my eyes while mum read the rest of your post to me. Those two scaaaaawie things sent shivers down my spine...

Then mum told me about this new dog your mama is going to bring home. She said he looked somewhat like you, so I just had to squinted just enough to see the picture. I gotta say, he's a handsome fella, but no where near as handsome as YOU my Maxey!! His story is pretty sad tho....so be nice to him when he comes ok?? Dont' worry, you will always be your mama's (and MINE) # 1!!

All my love,
Miss Sunshade

Anonymous said...

Hey M V! Watch out, women go for the strong silent type and this new guy, well that's what he looks like!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Hey Sunny,

Next time you go to the beach and meet a handsome dog offering Leg of Lamb..you remember that I'M your No.1! snicker

Buster,
Yeah, I know. My Mom has a soft spot for tri herders like myself. From what she told me about when they met at the Zoo Adopt-a-thon, he wanted to get into any car they passed. Makes me feel just a little guilty that I've never been anywhere but with my mom my whole life. He just better be nice to me!

Anonymous said...

Hey M the V!!!

Got my blog back! Don't worry about the new guy, I bet you two will become buddies in no time. I think it's sweet that your mom is taking him in. I bet his previous owner misses him so. Even though he had no home I bet he was loved very much.

How are your nails doing?

Jay said...

Hey Maxi, welcome the new guy gracefully... he may be your best buddy in time to come. Just make sure he doesn't have any space in your mummy's heart.. hiak hiak hiak...Have fun!

Fu Fu said...

Hey Max,

Is Starry still limping now? Well you got a new recuit to break toys' neck with.

~ fufu

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Hey Boomer - Do you really think we will become friends? It will be kinda nice to have another guy in the house instead of all thesee sissies. Mom told me that Duncan's previous owner is in jail, but he called every day trying to get his dogs saved from euthanasia. God Bless the good people at Last Chance Rescue. Mom also says that Duncan is exceptionally well trained...so maybe he can be the other "obedient son." Thats what mom calls me...the obedient son. I think she is having trouble training my human brothers.

Hey Jay, I used to worry about losing Mom's heart. I came pretty close to it last summer when she fell in love with a collie named Willow that she rescued. That was when I was at my sickest. Mom gave Willow up because she was so adoptable and could get a great home and she thought I needed more attention. She still cries for Willow every now and then. So anyway, I've learned that Mom has a pretty big heart.

Fufers - no, Starry isn't limping anymore. She has been acting like a kid now that she feels better. She was pretty sick when she came here. Now that she feels good she acts like she is a pup again instead of 12 yo. I have no doubt that Duncan is an experienced neck snapper...but I'll keep you filled in once he is here.

JustMeCopper said...

Max, how many dogs live at your house? Cats too?